Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot go into recovery mode...

I cannot go into recovery mode because every time I plug in my iphone to my computer after turning it off, it keeps powering it back on! Plz Help!! Thanks

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 12:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 1:12 AM

It appears that you are not following the instructions. You continue to hold down the HOme button when yo connect the iPod to your computer.

To put your device into recovery mode, follow these steps:

1. Turn off your device and leave it off.
  2. Plug in your device's USB cable to a computer with iTunes.
  3. Hold down the Home button on your device as you connect the USB cable. Keep holding down the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.
    User uploaded file
  4. When you see this screen, release the Home button. If you don't see this screen, try steps 1 through 3 again.

When your device is connected, iTunes will open. You'll see a message saying that iTunes has detected an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch in recovery mode.

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2015 1:12 AM in response to Bacon97

It appears that you are not following the instructions. You continue to hold down the HOme button when yo connect the iPod to your computer.

To put your device into recovery mode, follow these steps:

1. Turn off your device and leave it off.
  2. Plug in your device's USB cable to a computer with iTunes.
  3. Hold down the Home button on your device as you connect the USB cable. Keep holding down the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.
    User uploaded file
  4. When you see this screen, release the Home button. If you don't see this screen, try steps 1 through 3 again.

When your device is connected, iTunes will open. You'll see a message saying that iTunes has detected an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch in recovery mode.

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Cannot go into recovery mode...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.