Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I troubleshoot an iMessage that won't sync across devices?

About a week ago, my iMessage stopped syncing between my phone and iMac. I followed a set of troubleshooting directions on a different post in the Apple support communities, but it still won't sync. I have confirmed that it's my Apple ID on both devices. I have signed out and back in several times without any positive result on getting them to sync. I would appreciate any other guidance on solving this problem as it has caused a few problems at work because I am not getting the messages on my phone but find them on my computer when I get home or vice versa.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 8:44 PM

1 reply

Jul 28, 2015 6:22 PM in response to shyamala14

I have this too- I have 2 laptops, 1 iPad mini and iphone6. Until about 2-3 weeks ago, I could follow a text conversation seamlessly on all 4. Now it's random. I received a text on my iphone6, I answer on the iphone6, and the next reply is on one of the laptops (but not the other) Later one pops up on the iPad mini. All 4 devices have never had another user- and all 4 have iCloud/itunes/ i-EVERYTHING under my Mac login. What gives?

How can I troubleshoot an iMessage that won't sync across devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.