Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why did spotlight remove information stored in get info comment section

I was using the comments section in the Get Info box attached to files. All of my comments were erased removing hours of work. I have NO IDEA what this has to do with spotlight nor how it 'turned off'. Why does it have a comments section if you can make and retain comments with the file? I was told by another support community that this has to do with spotlight. I never turned it on or off. I don't even know how. My spotlight at the top right still works. Yet all my comments are erased. Picture included. User uploaded file

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 12:45 AM

2 replies

Jul 29, 2015 7:49 AM in response to bodysynergy.me

Not surprising. I'm the only person on the planet that uses these ******** comment sections. I'm a complete idiot for not knowing that they were completely NON FUNCTIONAL! What kind of crazy am I? I should have just assumed that all the work I put in the comments would just be erased because its really to make apple users look smarter then they really are. More buttons then they actually use. Just another aspect of reality and common sense that eludes the population. I must be a glitch in an alien super computer. I'm not from this planet. Yup I'm def an advanced computer simulation in some alien AI computer. No way the world could run with all these people without functioning synapses. Only reason this company stays in business is because PCs suck so bad. Winner by default. Congratulations Apple!

Why did spotlight remove information stored in get info comment section

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.