Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having trouble restoring my movie purchases on my iTunes

I bought a new laptop, a mac pro. When I installed iTunes on it, it showed all my movies and music and tv shows. Though when I back up my iPhone it deleted all my movies and tv shows. Now I was able to restore some of my TV shows, seeing as iTunes still has some of them available, but most of them are not. Though it won't let me restore my movie purchases. I can't used iCloud, because its sending the code to a very old cell phone number. I already tried going to system preferences/iCloud/Options, but it doesn't have the option to change the cell phone number. Now on my iPad it shows all my TV shows, and Movies, though seeing as its a 16GB, I have them all saved in my iCloud, though my mac isn't set up to my iCloud, because of the old cell phone number. Can anybody help me with this ?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 10:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 12:00 AM

Purchases are tied to an iTunes account, you don't use the cloud on either your iPad nor Mac for them (that's for backing up documents, photos, contacts etc), and your phone number should have no impact on what does/doesn't show in the cloud on your Mac's iTunes for redownloading - you can't store iTunes purchases in the cloud, whether they show for redownloading relies on the rights-holder/content provider not removing them from you country's store, and you not moving countries after buying them.

If they aren't showing in the Purchased section on your Mac's iTunes for redownloading, but are showing in the Purchased tab in the iTunes store app on your iPad, then have you got any parental restrictions set on your Mac (Parental tab in iTunes > Preferences) that's hiding them from there ?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2015 12:00 AM in response to iloveskulls1986

Purchases are tied to an iTunes account, you don't use the cloud on either your iPad nor Mac for them (that's for backing up documents, photos, contacts etc), and your phone number should have no impact on what does/doesn't show in the cloud on your Mac's iTunes for redownloading - you can't store iTunes purchases in the cloud, whether they show for redownloading relies on the rights-holder/content provider not removing them from you country's store, and you not moving countries after buying them.

If they aren't showing in the Purchased section on your Mac's iTunes for redownloading, but are showing in the Purchased tab in the iTunes store app on your iPad, then have you got any parental restrictions set on your Mac (Parental tab in iTunes > Preferences) that's hiding them from there ?

Having trouble restoring my movie purchases on my iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.