Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I download a single song over cellular in imatch anymore?

HI everyone,

i have cellular data turned off for automatic downloads for my imatch music. With the old music app, when I was not connected to any wifi, I could select a greyed out song that was not available for offline listening and simply press the cloud icon on the right side. A prompt would come up asking me if I wanted to use cellular data to download it. I could aelect 'yes' and it would download over my cellular data so I could listen to it.

Now with the new music app I can't seem to do this anymore. If I select a song that is greyed out ans pick 'make available offline' it does not download it until I connect back to a wifi network.

Is there something I am missing? It would really be a shame if this wasn't possible anymore. I really don't want to have to go into settings to turn on cellular data for automatic downloads each and every time I'm away from wifi and want to listen to a song I dont have stored locally.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 10:30 PM

There are no replies.

Why can't I download a single song over cellular in imatch anymore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.