Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find bluetooth headset (listed as accessory in official Apple store!)

Because I want to use my watch to listen to music WITHOUT my Iphone in the gym etc,

I bought a bluetooth headset, which is officially listed in the Apple Store as a "Watch Accessory":

"BlueAnt PUMP HD"

BlueAnt PUMP HD Wireless Bluetooth Waterproof Headphones

http://www.apple.com/shop/watch/watch-accessories/headphones

Unfortunately my watch doesn't find the headset in pairing mode...

It works perfectly by connecting it to my Iphone 6.

I tried the following:

- Syncing a playlist to my Apple Watch (successfull)

- Disconnecting the Iphone from the Apple Watch (turned Iphone to airplane mode)

- Starting the Apple Watch Music App, Force Touch on Display to choose the Watch as "Source"

- It says there is no bluetooth headset connected

- Starting the configurations App on the Watch --> Bluetooth

- It is searching for Bluetooth devices but CAN'T see the BlueAnt PUMP headset

My assumption is that the BlueAnt PUMP isn't compatible to the Apple Watch because of its Bluetooth version.
In Apple Store, the Bluetooth version is listed with 2.1.
To make the confusion perfect, BlueAnt says that it has BLuetooth 3.0 or 4.1 (you find different specs on their website).

Anyone with the same problem or maybe with the same headset?
Any suggestions how to solve that 😟 ?

I'm very dissapointed that an product, which is officially listed as "Watch Accessory" in the Apple Store isn't working...
If you look at different discussion & blogs, it seems to be very unclear which headsets work properly....
Very bad for an apple product environment...

Thanks for your help,

Best regards, Hoodie

Apple Watch

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 4:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 7:23 PM

Connecting it to the iPhone is probably the issue you are having.

Turn off BT on your iPhone 6 (and any other device you may have connected the Blue Ant to) and then put the headset in pairing mode and go through the steps you listed again. Your Watch should see it this time.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2015 7:23 PM in response to hoodie13

Connecting it to the iPhone is probably the issue you are having.

Turn off BT on your iPhone 6 (and any other device you may have connected the Blue Ant to) and then put the headset in pairing mode and go through the steps you listed again. Your Watch should see it this time.

Jul 28, 2015 12:54 AM in response to deggie

Thanks deggie, helpfull advice 🙂

I finally made it: The problem was not the Watch itself.

Shame on me- it was the pairing mode of the BlueAnt headset!

It Takes about 10-15 sec to enter the real pairing mode.

You really have to wait until the light start to flicker...

So to sum it up: BlueAnt PUMP HD and the Apple Watch are a perfect match! 🙂

Aug 1, 2015 11:49 AM in response to hoodie13

I have bought two sets of headphones over the past couple of months. Neither seemed to work with the apple watch alone. They work great if I run with my iPhone but the signal seems to not be strong enough to allow the blue tooth feature to work with Apple Watch Alone.

LG Electronics Tone Ultra (HBS-800) Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail Packaging - Black

Water-proof Bluetooth Sports Headset APT-X Technology Provide CD-Quality and Superb Bass Sound Wireless Headphone With NFC&Dual-Microphone for iPhone

I called support on 08/01/2015 and they collected the information in case it was a compatibility issue.

I still think it's the Apple Watch since the iPhone 6 Plus seems to work just fine, even 20-30 feet away.

Can't find bluetooth headset (listed as accessory in official Apple store!)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.