Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iPhoto won't open. When i try it tells me "iphoto quit unexpectedly"

my iPhoto won't open. When i try it tells me "iphoto quit unexpectedly". How do i fix this.

Also how do i make free space on my Macbook Air to download the new software update?

MacBook Air, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 5:02 AM

1 reply

Jul 27, 2015 5:59 AM in response to dehnikazz

When i try it tells me "iphoto quit unexpectedly".

There should be an error log in the panel with this message. Please post the first 100 lines of this error log (no more than 100 lines or so).

How much free storage do you have? if you let the free storage drop below 10 GB, it is not save to use the Mac anyway. That might explain the crashes.

A good way to free storage is to move your large media libraries - the iPhoto Library or your iTunes Library to an external drive. Get your self a small portable drive, make sure it is formatted MacOS Extended (Journaled) as described in this document for aperture (Format external drives to Mac OS Extended before using with Aperture) and then drag the iPhoto Library to that drive. Make a backup of your Mac, then test the copied library by double clicking it to open it, and when all is well delete the original on the internal drive.

my iPhoto won't open. When i try it tells me "iphoto quit unexpectedly"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.