Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes Store Podcast Not Updating

Hi guys.

My podcast is not updating in the store. This has happened before but it eventually kicked over and was ok after 2 weeks. Its been over 5 weeks now and the podcast hasnt updated. I have released 2 shows since then and nothing. Last show showing in Itunes store is 10th June 2015. All current shows are showing up if subscribed in Itunes.XML feed looks fine and I never have edited the feed and its never been an issue until now.

http://recordings.talkshoe.com/rss94840.xml

https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/australian-hunting-podcast/id421713882

Any tips about what is going on? Its been over5 weeks and hasnt updated.

Windows 7

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 3:58 AM

2 replies

Jul 27, 2015 4:19 AM in response to jayjayselmes

The latest episode in the Store is #89 of June 11th. Since then three have been added, and these all appear when subscribing. The latest episode was posted only yesterday, so it's quite normal for it not to have appeared yet, but the previous two should have.

There's no apparent reason why this should be the case. I can't see any problems with the feed, which as I say works in iTunes and validates in FeedValidator (with only a couple of minor points which don't matter).

I did have some difficulty accessing your episode files. Though I could play and download episodes in iTunes (though the server was a bit slow to respond) I can't access an episode file in Safari as I should be able to - on one try it simply didn't load, then on another I got 'the server is not responding'. You should look into this. That in itself shouldn't cause the episodes not to appear in the Store, just possibly show difficulties if you try to play them.

It's not unknown for the Store to 'stick' and fail to update a particular podcast for a longer than normal period, and this may be what has happened here. It usually sorts itself out in the end, though it's pretty frustrating while it's doing it.

Give it another couple of days and see whether it reacts to the latest episode. If it and the other two don't appear you could try Support, though you may not find them wonderfully helpful. Go to https://itunespodcasts.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and click the disclosure triangle at the right of the 'Choose a topic' field - I should choose 'Other' and proceed from there.

Jul 31, 2015 4:16 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Hi Roger,

I just uploaded my 4th episode(#93) that isn't showing in Itunes. I only just uploaded it as a write this so I am hoping it kicks the STUCK Itunes into action. It hasn't updated for 6 weeks now. I am sure I am losing listeners who thing i haven't uploaded and episode in a while. I have emailed Itunes and got an email from some guy named Morgan and they are looking into it from their engineering team.

All new shows still updating if subscribed in Itunes...wonder what the issue is? Its starting to annoy me now.

itunes Store Podcast Not Updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.