Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have outlook account on my iphone to have last cotacts from old nokia and i have icloud account the new contacts stored on i cloud and the old on outlook account finely i want two make my contacts one only account what i can do that

;,l

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 7:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 8:02 AM

The best option is to export your contacts from outlook into a Vcard format, then you can log in to iCloud.com and just drag and drop those files into your iCloud contacts and it will automatically import them to your device. Then just turn off contacts on your phone for the outlook account in mail, contacts and calendars.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2015 8:02 AM in response to mohamedfromalbagour

The best option is to export your contacts from outlook into a Vcard format, then you can log in to iCloud.com and just drag and drop those files into your iCloud contacts and it will automatically import them to your device. Then just turn off contacts on your phone for the outlook account in mail, contacts and calendars.

Sep 19, 2016 9:45 AM in response to mohamedfromalbagour

Somehow when I upgraded my iPhone a year or so ago my Outlook account got set to the Contacts default account and all contacts created on my phone were stored there, not in iCloud. I panicked when they were missing when I restored to my new iPhone 7, then they reappeared after I connected to Outlook again.

I wanted all of them in iCloud, so on my iPhone I went to Settings, Contacts, Accounts, and turned off Contacts for my Outlook account. It asked if I wanted to delete the contacts from my phone and I said "yes" so that I wouldn't have duplicates on my phone after I moved them from Outlook to iCloud. (It didn't delete them from my Outlook account, so I could have restored them from there later if I needed to. In Outlook, I selected a set of contacts and right-clicked on them and selected "Forward" and e-mailed them to my Gmail account. I had to do them in batches because they were too big to send in one message. They got sent as individual vCard (.vcf) attachments, about 50 per batch. From my Mac, I opened Gmail, found each message and saved "all attachments" to my downloads folder. It conveniently saved them as a single .zip file for each message. From the Finder, I double-clicked each .zip file and it created an un-zipped folder of contact .vcf files. I selected all the .vcf files in the folder and then double-clicked on them. The "Contacts" app asked me if I wanted to add the contacts to my contacts and I consented. Then they all showed up in my iCloud contacts on my Mac and my iPhone.

I wish I could "copy contacts from all sources to iCloud" from my phone. Would have been a lot easier. Are you listening Apple?

i have outlook account on my iphone to have last cotacts from old nokia and i have icloud account the new contacts stored on i cloud and the old on outlook account finely i want two make my contacts one only account what i can do that

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.