Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard knobs only adjust track volume

I want to map a slider from the ES2 to a rotary knob on my midi keyboard.

I believe it should be adjust desired slider on ES2, then Command+L (learn midi), then turn desired knob on midi keyboard, then close out learn midi window. Simple, right? What I get when I try to map ES2 slider to my midi keyboard is ONLY track volume linking to it. I can not seem to get an adjustable slider on the ES2 correctly mapped to a rotary knob on my midi keyboard. I've tried going into expert mode but I don't know the proper controller assignment parameter settings especially "Class" and "Channel strip" settings. I'd also like to know the "Value" settings, as well as why I can't seem to make the checkbox "Local feedback "Fader/knob)" available (it's currently greyed out).

Or better yet, does any of this even matter? Is there a better way to do this? I just want to turn a keyboard knob and have it affect the music.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Running Logic Pro 10.0.7

OS 10.10.3

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 4:53 AM

1 reply

Keyboard knobs only adjust track volume

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.