Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GB spending endless time converting to send to iTunes

I've picked a piece of music I've created in GB to send to iTunes. Normally it creates a mix down and then it goes into "converting" mode. The song is then placed in an iTunes playlist.

Normally this all happens in a couple of seconds. But today I've found that the converting process goes on forever. After a few minutes I've lost my patience and I have to Force Quit out of GB, with the result that the song has not been sent to iTunes.

Anyone have any idea what's wrong with the converting process? I haven't done anything different from what I have in the past. Thanks.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.5), 1.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB 1333 Mz

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 8:02 AM

1 reply

Aug 10, 2015 12:31 PM in response to James Snedeker

According to Apple Support, this was caused by the incompatibility between the two versions of GB and iTunes. Funnily enough, originally things were working okay, but I was recently advised by Apple Support to upgrade my iTunes in order to solve another problem. It solved that problem but caused this one.

But we found a successful workaround--instead of saving the music to iTunes, I instead saved it to my hard drive. I had complete access to it after that.

GB spending endless time converting to send to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.