Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you delete an icloud backup after you have used it as a restore on your iphone?

I used an icloud backup to restore my photos and other stuff back on to my new iphone, if i delete this backup to make space for a new back up will it delete the data i have restored onto my phone or not thanks.

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 8:17 AM

1 reply

Jul 29, 2015 8:03 AM in response to leanne214

Hey there leanne214,

It sounds like you are wanting to delete a backup you have in iCloud that you restored your current device from and are concerned about your restored data getting deleted. If you use these steps from the following article to do that, then your data will be fine and will not be deleted on the phone:

iCloud: Remove an iOS device backup from iCloud

Remove a backup using your iOS device

1. Do one of the following:

• On your iOS 8 device: Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage, then tap Manage Storage.

• On your iOS 7 device: Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup, then tap Manage Storage.

2. Tap the name of a device whose backup you don’t need, then tap Delete Backup.

Remove a backup using your Mac

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click iCloud, then click Manage.

2. Click Backups on the left, select an iOS device on the right whose backup you don’t need, then click Delete.

If you don’t see Backups on the left, your iOS devices don’t have iCloud backups. For more information, see Back up your iOS device to iCloud.

Remove a backup using your Windows computer

1. Open iCloud for Windows, then click Storage.

2. Click Backups on the left, select an iOS device on the right whose backup you don’t need, then click Delete.

If you don’t see Backups on the left, your iOS devices don’t have iCloud backups. For more information, see Back up your iOS device to iCloud.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Can you delete an icloud backup after you have used it as a restore on your iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.