Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My wife and I share an iCloud account. I can see her outgoing/ incoming calls in my call list. How do I stop this?

I've ticked a box somewhere on my iPhone 6 that means I can see my wife's calls in my call list. I don't want this to happen. what do I need to do?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 8:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 8:56 AM

You need to use a different Apple ID. Sharing an Apple ID with another person will now cause the problem you are having and also has a number of other potential issues. New Family Sharing features have added more flexibility to using separate Apple IDs: https://www.apple.com/icloud/family-sharing/

9 replies

Sep 16, 2016 10:47 AM in response to Rich Allcorn

I disagree with this replay, if an account is ment for a single person, what if I have two iphone that are mine, and I do not want to have phone calls be sync between each other, If the account should be used by a single device, then the software should avoid this, and not letting the user to actually be able to use the same account. Sorry but this seems to be a software design problem, and not a user problem.

Sep 16, 2016 11:00 AM in response to gui_r

gui_r wrote:

I disagree with this replay, if an account is ment for a single person, what if I have two iphone that are mine, and I do not want to have phone calls be sync between each other, If the account should be used by a single device, then the software should avoid this, and not letting the user to actually be able to use the same account. Sorry but this seems to be a software design problem, and not a user problem.

It's not a software design problem. It's a software design decision. An Apple ID is designed for a individual person, not an individual device. I have four devices on mine. If you disagree with Apple's interface design which results in everything being shared across all devices, that's fine. But, it doesn't change the fact that that's the way they've chosen to do it.

You can submit feedback here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback

My wife and I share an iCloud account. I can see her outgoing/ incoming calls in my call list. How do I stop this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.