Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2015 MacBook Pro - Does Boot Camp support (2) External Monitors just like OSX side?

I have (2) Dell 24" monitors connected via DisplayPort to my Dell Latitude e-port docking station. Looking to upgrade to a MacBook Pro. I tested on a co-workers MB pro that the (2) monitors can be configured as separate displays on the MAC side, but they don't have Boot Camp or Parallel's to test on the WINDOWS side. Can anyone confirm I can use the (2) monitor's as separate displays (not mirrored) in on Windows side? Thanks!

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 9:16 AM

Yes, you can. My configuration uses two TB ports on a 2013 rMBP, one goes to a Dell 27-in DisplayPort monitor, the other goes to an Apple TB Monitor.

You should test with the Dell Docking station.

6 replies

Aug 2, 2015 5:04 PM in response to Loner T

Are you able to use the monitors without rebooting the laptop? I had a 2012 with a TB monitor and I always had to reboot before windows would recognize the external displays via thunderbolt. This is kind of important as I'm constantly in and out of the office and only putying the laptop to sleep in between desk and field time, I don't want to have to reboot every time.

Aug 3, 2015 5:37 AM in response to Loner T

I currently have a Dell because of my issues I had with the older 2012 MBP. I could only use 1 external display with that laptop and I had to keep rebooting the laptop in Windows to get Windows to recognize the external monitor via Thunderbolt. I never new about the fast boot up option; so no, I never checked that.

I'm basically looking for Windows to have the same features OSX does 🙂

2015 MacBook Pro - Does Boot Camp support (2) External Monitors just like OSX side?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.