Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There is a green pixel screen on my display monitor, how do I fix this problem? I have restarted it, and the problem isn't resolved.

There is a green pixel screen on my display monitor, how do I resolve this problem? I've restarted it, and the hasn't corrected the problem.

Display monitor-OTHER, null

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 8:47 AM

18 replies

Jul 28, 2015 6:55 PM in response to makaylalalala

Way too little information. Details!

Tell us a Story - with a beginning, a middle and end. We need to understand everything that you know and have experienced.

If this issue is new, tell us what immediately preceded its onset - add software, upgrade or update? New equipment?

A screenshot MAY show us what your are seeing -- COMMAND + SHIFT > 3 will save the entire display image to your desktop on a Mac == the camera tool here or drag & drop in your reply.

Quoted from  Apple's "How to write a good question"

To help other members answer your question, give as many details as you can.

• Include your product name and specs such as processor speed, memory, and storage capacity. Please do not include your Serial Number, IMEI, MEID, or other personal information.
  • Provide the version numbers of your operating system and relevant applications, for example "iOS 6.0.3" or "iPhoto 9.1.2".
  • Describe the problem, and include any details about what seems to cause it.
  • List any troubleshooting steps you've already tried, or temporary fixes you've discovered.

For a detailed "coaching", please see the User Tip > "Help us to help you on these forums"<https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-5431>

"Keep It Short and Simple" - Take your time... but be thorough - ÇÇÇ

Jul 30, 2015 8:34 AM in response to Barry Hemphill

I wanna see a screenshot!

If "green pixel screen" is NOT present in it, then its display hardware = take it in, indeed. If present (WHATEVER that description means), it "could" be hard/soft-ware rooted.

Remember this one? Re: Small white square appearing on screen - it turned out to be caused by a failure to properly end (and clean up) an Apple Support "takeover" of the OP's Mac.

Lotsa scripts and/or software can "overlay" the entire display with a "screen MIDground"

- from Exposé to the Image Camera here

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Jul 30, 2015 8:52 AM in response to ChitlinsCC

Fine for a 'pixel'

Yup. I'm taking it literally and see if that is indeed what the OP means.

Unfortunately, a screen shot may not prove anything. Screen grabs are directly pulled from the display buffer, not what the monitor is actually showing. So if it is a stuck pixel, a screen grab will simply show what data that pixel area is being sent to display, not what it's doing.

Jul 30, 2015 8:59 AM in response to Kurt Lang

Kurt Lang wrote:

Fine for a 'pixel'

Yup. I'm taking it literally and see if that is indeed what the OP means.

Unfortunately, a screen shot may not prove anything. Screen grabs are directly pulled from the display buffer, not what the monitor is actually showing. So if it is a stuck pixel, a screen grab will simply show what data that pixel area is being sent to display, not what it's doing.

I believe that is the point that CCC is trying to make. If the screenshot does not show the problem, then the issue is with the display itself. The correct information is being sent. If it was something else, it should reflect in the screenshot. I've used that to diagnose problems with iPhone displays as well.

Jul 30, 2015 9:09 AM in response to Kurt Lang

[chuckle, can't help it - your avatar 'kills' me!]

literally... out of context !! " ... a green pixel screen on my display monitor. ..." - heh heh

On the Contrary, the "Absence" of anything visible in a screenshot proves that it IS the display itself or connection thereto. (My Pismo's display is way past screwy, but screenshots are fine as are external displays)

Jul 30, 2015 9:25 AM in response to ChitlinsCC

On the Contrary, the "Absence" of anything visible in a screenshot proves that it IS the display itself or connection thereto.

Heh! 😀 Not contrary, that's exactly what I meant by:

a screen grab will simply show what data that pixel area is being sent to display,

i.e. the green pixel is absent from the screen grab.

And hey! What do you mean by my avatar "kills" you?! What avatar?

Jul 30, 2015 10:08 AM in response to Kurt Lang

A nod is as good as a wink to a blind horse... 😉

While I'm on a quotation spree, I am "... quivering with antici . . . . . pation " to actually see a screengrab

I think what tickles me was I mistook your 'self-portrait' for an 'avatar'... maybe its because the 'selfie' was take in a mirror?

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

*EDITadded -

staring at the above images a while IS Disturbing!

Jul 30, 2015 12:28 PM in response to babowa

With all due respect to you, and Barry (who actually didn't say where "in" was), and anyone who thinks they can actually read between the "words" of this description and recommend anything but ask for more data:

Makaylalalala said:

There is a green pixel screen on my display monitor

Barry Hemphill said:

Take it in for diagnosis. No one here can "fix" the problem you describe.

Barry

a "green pixel screen on my display monitor" does not an anomalous pixel make, IMHO. Screenshot will prove up whatever the case may be - visit to " in " may not be necessary —

(especially since both https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202025 AND https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201613 state in the last sentence of the last ¶ that if " in " is Apple or an AASP " ... There may be a charge for the evaluation. " )

There is a green pixel screen on my display monitor, how do I fix this problem? I have restarted it, and the problem isn't resolved.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.