Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backing up photos, videos, notes, books/PDFs

When I back up my Ipod touch to my computer through ITunes, does it automatically back up my photos, videos, notes and books/PDFs from ibooks? Or do I need to download some/all of those separately? If separately, how do you recommend doing that?

iPod touch (5th generation)

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 7:35 AM

2 replies

Jul 27, 2015 7:55 AM in response to HeatherDa

TThe books and PDFs back up to iBooks. i don't use notes in iBooks so I'm not sure about that. Photos and videos are saved to the backup, buts it's always a smart idea to also import them to the computer and save them that way as well. You could also email the PDFs to yourself to be on the safe side.

Jul 27, 2015 8:18 AM in response to HeatherDa

- The iPod backup that iTunes makes does NOT include any media that is synced to the iPod like music, apps, synced photos, synced videos, books,

- You can transfer/copy iTunes purchases from iPod to computer

iTunes Store: Transferring purchases from your iOS device or iPod to a computer

- You can redownload most iTunes purchases by:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

Note this does NOT included audio books, ring-tones

- To copy of synced media to the computer you need a third-party computer app like one of those discussed here:

Recovering your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device: Apple Support Communities

Backing up photos, videos, notes, books/PDFs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.