Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i turned off the wireless signal how do i turn it back on

My airport router was connected to all my devices. I used the app on my phone to adjust the settings, as I wanted to disable the wireless signal for a short time. I selected the option to turn off the wireless signal. I want to turn it back on, however now none of my devices recognize the router. How do I connect to it to make the adjustments?

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 8:12 AM

3 replies

Jul 27, 2015 8:51 AM in response to 9_mill

If you turned off the wireless signal on the AirPort router, then a wireless device will not be able to even "see" the AirPort.....since it is not broadcasting a wireless signal at all.

You will need a Mac with an Ethernet port and an Ethernet cable to try to establish a wired connection to the AirPort so that you can turn the wireless back on. Newer Mac laptops do not have an Ethernet port, but you can use a USB to Ethernet adapter to accomplish the task.

Might you have a Mac and a spare Ethernet cable? Any length of cable will do.

If you do have a Mac, it would help us if we knew what operating system the Mac was running.

Jul 27, 2015 9:07 AM in response to 9_mill

A USB to Ethernet adapter for your MacBook would be a mighty useful item to have handy for situations like this when you need a wired connection from your Mac to the AirPort. The Apple Store has them, as well as other outlets.....like Best Buy, for example, that sell Apple products.

If you don't want to use a wired connection from your Mac to the AirPort router, then your only other option would be to perform a Hard Reset on the AirPort router. The downside to doing this is that you will have to set it up all over again from scratch, just like you did when it was new, and just out of the box.

If you decide to do that, with the AirPort powered on, hold in the reset button on the back of the AirPort for 7-8 seconds and release. Allow a full minute for the AriPort to restart to a slow, blinking amber light status.

i turned off the wireless signal how do i turn it back on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.