Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App stores from different countries

I live in US and UK and use apps that are only available in their respective app stores. In the past I could update my iTunes account/address and credit card info to show I'm in the US and point to the US app store to get updates. Then I could change my address and cc info to UK and use that app store - with app from both stores on my phone. The latest updates have locked down the ability to change your country on an iTunes account, thus making it impossible to download or get updates for apps in other stores. The world is smaller and there are many multinational users who I'm sure face this problem. What is a clean fix to get the apps we need? Why can't there be just ONE app store?!! The one workaround weI'm really getting frustrated here.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 9:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 10:12 AM

Content is licensed to Apple by the content providers/rights-holders to sell on a country-by-country basis, each country therefore has to have its own store, and you have to be in a country to use its store. As far as I am aware the ability to update your billing address and payment details (to reflect the country that you are in) has not changed : Change the country of your iTunes Store, App Store, iBooks Store, and Mac App Store account - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2015 10:12 AM in response to ericsf415

Content is licensed to Apple by the content providers/rights-holders to sell on a country-by-country basis, each country therefore has to have its own store, and you have to be in a country to use its store. As far as I am aware the ability to update your billing address and payment details (to reflect the country that you are in) has not changed : Change the country of your iTunes Store, App Store, iBooks Store, and Mac App Store account - Apple Support

App stores from different countries

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.