Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Smart Mailboxes

I'm looking for an easy way to sync all my mailboxes created on my iMac with my MacBook Air. If I create a smart mailbox on the iMac, will all the contents be continually updated on my Air as well? If not with a smart mailbox, how can I accomplish this? Will AirDrop work for this?

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 9:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 9:53 AM

Are you using IMAP or POP e-mail? IMAP will sync to all computers. In my opinion, the easiest thing to do would be to create the same smart mailbox on each computer so you aren't constantly transferring things back and forth.

8 replies

Jul 27, 2015 1:14 PM in response to Eric Root

Hi Eric, I use IMAP. This didn't solve the issue at all - in fact it became a bit worse. I set up a smart mailbox on both computers; that suddenly morphed in to two smart mailboxes with the same name; plus one I didn't want at all called 'Today'. Then I tried to drag your email into the mailbox on the iMac to see if was now stored on both computers and it wouldn't even go into the folder.

Jul 27, 2015 1:55 PM in response to Csound1

I guess this isn't what I'm attempting to do. I drag emails into mailbox folders as a way of clearing them from my inbox and saving the ones I want in these specific folders. But these folders only appear on the iMac and I would like to have them all synced up to the Air so when I travel I can keep adding to them plus access all the emails already in those folders. Is there any easy way to do this? AirDrop maybe?

Smart Mailboxes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.