Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages plugin for EndNote X7 - bracket issue, e.g.: (Smith et al. 1956))

Issue with Pages plugin for EndNote X7.3.1 - citation software: Extra brackets, e.g. (Jones et al., 2015))))

This is a document specific problem of my masters thesis (quite long, 109 pages). Hope someone can help me out - thanks in advance 🙂

Issue; Everything has worked fine with inserting references from Endnote 7.3.1 to Pages 5.5.3. But suddenly, now when I insert new references to this document, brackets are added to the right of every single citation. Furthermore, the space to the left of a citation is removed.
To exemplify, when I insert a new reference, all references go from "...meta-analysis (Hedges & Olkin, 1985)..." to "...meta-analysis(Hedges & Olkin, 1985))" or "...meta-analysi(Hedges & Olkin, 1985)))". Not just the one, but all references in the document, and it's not possible to edit citations individually.

I have tried these solutions;
1) To restart EndNote, and check for updates (none, since running 7.3.1).
2) To restart Pages, and restart Mac.
3) To change which reference I try to insert.
4) To copy a text and paste it into another pages-document, add a new reference, and that is no problem - hence, it must be a document specific problem (most likely due to length of document - 109 pages). A solution is of course that I move all text to a new document, but with a "lovely" time pressure around thesis deadline, I would love to avoid this or just to ensure that it won't happen again.

Note: I know now that a lot of issues exist with the Pages plug-in for EndNote. So, if you have experience or advice on this specific issue, it will be much appreciated.

Again, thank you VERY much in advance.

Best,

Gitte

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), Pages 5.5.3

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 9:07 AM

There are no replies.

Pages plugin for EndNote X7 - bracket issue, e.g.: (Smith et al. 1956))

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.