Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get the editor in iMovie to be displayed?

I have a Macbook Pro and am working with iMovie. When I began a new event, I was able to import videos and pictures, etc. however, the bar to edit and organize the content is not there. The window is only showing a preview of the video with the video ribbons beneath where the editing bar was before. I am able to select the videos, but I'm not able to put them anywhere or edit them. Is there a way I can get the editor to be displayed in the layout again?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 9:17 AM

9 replies

Jul 28, 2015 2:06 AM in response to rosemary c

This is the view with no project loaded. The clips at the bottom are in the Event Pane which simply shows what clips have been imported. Click on "All projects" under "LIBRARIES". You will then see all your projects as thumbnails. They will each have a chevron (clap-board) at the top Double click one of these and it should load. The Event Pane should move up to the left of the Viewer and the project timeline should appear underneath where the Event Pane was. If it does not happen with one project try with others.

Geoff.

How do I get the editor in iMovie to be displayed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.