Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I forgot my password to my iPod but I want to view the photos. Is there any way to back it up on the computer while the iPod is locked?

My iPod hasn't been used for almost a year now and so I forgot the password to it causing it to be disabled for over 5,000 minutes. It isn't disabled anymore so now I want to get access to it without guessing anything or else it will be disabled for an even longer time. I want to know if there is any way to back it up on the computer without unlocking it.

iPod touch

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 9:39 AM

9 replies

Jul 27, 2015 9:44 AM in response to Lysss_

No, you cannot bypass the passcode security to get access, even to make a backup.

The only way to remove the passcode if forgotten involves erasing the contents, which you do not want to do.

If you have proof of ownership, original receipt for example, you might take it to an Apple store genius bar and see if they have a way of making a backup for you.

I forgot my password to my iPod but I want to view the photos. Is there any way to back it up on the computer while the iPod is locked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.