Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to access host via HTTP

I'm currently having an issue with my Mac OS X server running Yosemite 10.10.4. Every 15 minutes or so, Apache stops responding, although it's still running. I have to SSH into the server, and as soon as I do that Apache starts responding again. It's very odd behavior, and not something I know how to fix, as I'm not a qualified administrator, this is just a home server that I host a few applications on. This started happening after a recent update a few days ago. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Mac mini (Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), Server

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 10:19 AM

1 reply

Jul 27, 2015 5:10 PM in response to Zarathuztra

What's in the Apache logs around the time of the outage?

What does the following diagnostic terminal command report, when executed on the server? (See man changeip for details on the command.) The command is harmless, makes no changes, and should return success, as shown below.

$ sudo changeip -checkhostname

Password:

dirserv:success = "success"

$

Unable to access host via HTTP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.