Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Saving Logic X presets with aux channels included

Hey!

So the presets that apple includes with logic are somehow able to load bus channels which are included with the saved preset! Try the Steinway Grand Piano preset for instance. It opens up with the EXS, a couple of effects on the channel strip, and then it also creates two new bus channels which have to different reverbs. I use bus channels a ton because of the flexibility, but hate having to save channel strip presets and bus presets separately. Anyone know how to save a preset with the bus included in one file?

Logic Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 11:30 AM

1 reply

Jul 27, 2015 12:00 PM in response to JMoo96

Ok so I figured out that it has to be saved as a patch (logic X's new preset system), and not just a channel strip setting. But when I load my custom patch it routes it to the bus that I saved it with, but it doesn't actually create the bus... So like I saved a patch with a piano running to to bus 5 which had a verb and compressor. Then when i load it up in a new project, it opens the piano and its routed to bus 5, but there isn't actually a bus 5 in the mixer yet! I am so confused on this!!

Saving Logic X presets with aux channels included

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.