Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to connect to WiFi network once Timed Access Control activated for device

I have our home network set up with Time Capsule / Air Port Utility (v. 6.3.5). I would like to limit my teen's access to WiFi overnight, using 'Timed Access Control'. If I enter the MAC Address for the iPod touch and set 'Wireless Access Times' to 'Everyday between 7 AM and 10 PM' the iPod is unable to connect to the wireless network regardless of the time of day - it is continually prompted to enter the network password.

If I change access time to 'All Day', the iPod is prompted one time for the network password and can connect. If I change access to 'No Access' the iPod is denied access (repeatedly prompted for password). So, I know it is being correctly detected and allowed/denied access if I manually turn access on or off. Setting specific times for access using 'Timed Access Control' does not work - why??

Thanks - Lyn

Time Capsule / AirPort Utility-OTHER, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 11:31 AM

1 reply

Jul 27, 2015 11:46 AM in response to FinFamApple

I don't have an answer for you on why things don't work......because I cannot duplicate the error that you are reporting to find out......possibly because I don't have an iPod. But I do have an iPhone and iPad that use the same operating system as the iPod, so that might be good enough.

You would not use the MAC Address of the iPod (if there is one) to set up a "rule" in Timed Access. You must use the Wi-Fi Address of the iPod. Is that what you meant when you said MAC Address?

The settings in Timed Access do tend to get corrupted quite easily when you are making multiple changes, and when that happens, you need to delete the current settings in Timed Access to clear them out, then Update the Time Capsule and let it restart.

Then, try the setup again.

Unable to connect to WiFi network once Timed Access Control activated for device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.