Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I sort ascending, numbers changes the content of the cells.

I have a two column document that i want to sort ascending by column A. When i sort it, numbers will change the content of the cells. By changing the content i mean it will duplicate the content of one cell into several cells and get ride of the original data that was in them. Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 10:39 AM

3 replies

Jul 28, 2015 5:27 AM in response to SGIII

Sure! There are no formulas, it is just words. I am working on making a word list between a couple of different languages. I've done this before and never had this problem. Column A has English words, Column B has the 2nd language. We have two different files that we want to combine into one large list. My copy, (same format and languages), is working and sorting by ascending just fine.

When I sort ascending, numbers changes the content of the cells.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.