Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BOOTCAMP wake from USB not working

Here's my issue. I just got a new media remote that I use with bootcamp, and its reciever is plugged into one of the USB ports. I have a MacBook Pro early 2011 17'. I've noticed that when the macbook goes to sleep (in windows 7), i am unable to wake it back up with the USB connected remote. I can only wake it up via IR reciever and my apple remote. I've enabled "allow this device to wake computer" on everything i can in Device Manager, and disabled "allow windows to power off this device when asleep" and still nothing works. I know there is a setting in the BIOS of windows machines to enable "wake on USB" but because BOOTCAMP is installed on an EFI partition and its not a windows based computer, obviously there are no BIOS, at least that can be accessed. So, having said all that, is there any solution to being able to "wake with USB"? USB devices are powered off when the macbook sleeps (in windows 7), and i know this because when i wake it with my apple remote, it makes the chirp you know a new device (the remote's reciever) has been plugged in, when it has already been plugged in when it fell asleep, and while it was asleep.

Thanks,
Drew

MacBook Pro, Windows 7, completely up to date

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 10:57 AM

6 replies

Aug 4, 2016 1:34 PM in response to Loner T

I have the same problem. I cannot enable the Apple Bluetooth Mouse or Apple Keyboard to wake my computer from sleep. I have a vertical Henge Dock https://www.hengedocks.com/pages/vertical-macbook-pro-retina that doesn't allow me to access the power button while docked. I have an apple keyboard and an apple magic mouse connected, but when the computer goes to sleep (like when I close it to put it in the dock) I can't wake it up with the keyboard or the mouse.

I've read online that the BIOS controls whether the computer can be woken by USB or Bluetooth, but since there is no BIOS on this machine, how do I do this?

Aug 4, 2016 2:41 PM in response to Loner T

IIt's a MacBook Pro retina 15 inch mid 2015 running El Capitan v 10.11.5. 2.5 GHz Intel core i7 dual graphics card. I can't get the computer to wake rom sleep when I boot into Windows because the computer needs to be closed when inserting into the dock. The mouse and keyboard won't wake it up. I have to disable putting the computer to seep when I close the lid on battery then click the power button and close it and slide it into the dock. It's silly because I take it in and out of the dock all day so remembering to put it to sleep physically is annoying. I'd prefer just closing the lid on battery power to sleep.

BOOTCAMP wake from USB not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.