Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod touch stopped playing through bose speakers

My 4th generation ipod touch has stopped playing through my bose speakers docking station. One day it worked, the next it didn't. Resetting didn't help, nor did resetting the settings. The ipod has the latest software (iOS 6.1.6) .My dad has the same ipod and it works in the speakers as does my ipod nano (which is even older than the touch), so it is not a problem with the speakers, at least I don't think it is. However, my dad has a cheap speaker system in his alarm clock, which you insert the ipod into the same as you would the bose speakers, and my ipod touch works on that cheaper system. It is really weird, as the ipod has worked through the speakers for years, then one day it didn't. The speakers do not even acknowledge the ipod ie. it doesn't charge the ipod, or switch on automatically when the ipod is plugged in. My ipod still responds when connected to my laptop as well as other charging devices, just not with the speakers. It's very frustrating!

Can anyone help? Also, how do I know this won't happen with another ipod touch that i may buy in the future?

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 11:47 AM

1 reply

Jul 27, 2015 12:45 PM in response to IndigoSky42

- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.

- Restore from backup. See:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem our iPod is broken since you said the docks works with another 4G iod with iOS 6.1.6

ipod touch stopped playing through bose speakers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.