Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playlists modified in iTunes are duplicated both on iPad and in iTunes after synching

Hi all,

playlists will be duplicated when synching my iPad after I modified the playlists in iTunes (added or removed songs). The duplicated playlists get the same name as the original playlist, but appended by a continous number, beginning with "1". E.g. a playlist named "My Top 90's" will be duplicated to "My Top 90's 1", "My Top 90's 2" and so on. The duplicated playlists appear both in iTunes and in music player on iPad.

This happens after apple music integration (update to iOS 8.4 and iTunes 12.2.1).

I run iOS 8.4, OS X 10.10.4 with all the latest updates for music player and iTunes. Apple Music, iTunes Match and Genius are all disabled. Synching is done wired via USB (WLAN synching is disabled). The setting for music synching is set to "Synch complete media center".

Any hints how to avoid this?

Regards

Bernd

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 8.4, iTunes 12.2.1.16 on Macbook Pro OS X 10.10.4

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 10:23 AM

There are no replies.

Playlists modified in iTunes are duplicated both on iPad and in iTunes after synching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.