Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought a new Macbook and would like to sync iTunes on my iPad and iPhone to it instead of my old windows laptop.

I want to stop using and syncing iTunes with my old windows based laptop and start syncing it with my new MacBook. What is the recommended way to do this?

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 1:47 PM

1 reply

Jul 29, 2015 12:00 PM in response to dodgers501

Hi dodgers501,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities and congratulations on your new MacBook purchase!

It sounds like you want to know the steps to take before syncing your iPhone with your new notebook. If you haven't already, take a look at the article linked below and use the Windows Migration Assistant to migrate your files from your old Microsoft Windows-based PC to your MacBook.

How to move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Support

This article will walk you through the process of syncing your iPhone with your MacBook:

Sync your iPhone, iPad, and iPod with iTunes using USB - Apple Support

Cheers.

I bought a new Macbook and would like to sync iTunes on my iPad and iPhone to it instead of my old windows laptop.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.