Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX not displaying via DecLink Mini Monitor

This one has me stumped, so I'm hoping the collective experience of the group might have an insight.

Due to some issues with problematic plug-ins, I was forced to re-install FCPX (10.2.1). All is fine, except, A/V output via the DeckLink Mini Monitor - no output is seen. I'm using the latest driver set (10.4.2). I have tried various combinations of re-installing FCPX and the Desktop Video Utility software, all to no available. I've tried different versions of the Desktop Video Utility as well. Same result

Until I was forced to re-install FCPX, this combination (FCPX 10.2.1/OS X 10.10.4 + BMD Desktop Video 10.4.2) was working fine.

I've tried using the Black Magic Media Express app, just to see if the problem was the driver, and that displays images fine, so I'm assuming the problem lies somewhere within FCPX. FCPX detects the A/V hardware correctly as reported in the Preferences Playback pane, it's just that no images appear on the external display. FCP 7 displays images correctly on the A/V display. This problem is limited to FCPX.

Is anyone aware of any way to debug this problem further.

Thanks for any consideration you can give to this problem.

Best,

Scott R.

Mac Pro (Mid 2010), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Radeon 5870, 24GB RAM

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 10:54 AM

2 replies

FCPX not displaying via DecLink Mini Monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.