Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPort Extreme and existing router

Can someone tell me if I can do the following:

We currently have a DrayTek Vigor 2710n for our broadband and WiFi. I want to use an Apple AirPort Extreme instead. Can I use the Vigor just as a modem to connect to the apple? Or would I be better off just buying a Vigor 120 modem instead?

Help!

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 11:03 AM

3 replies

Jul 27, 2015 11:19 AM in response to andycurry

The Draytek Vigor 120 is optimized to work as a modem with the Apple AirPorts, so that would be the simplest and best route to take.

Whether or not the DrayTek Vigor 2710n could possibly be configured to operate just like the 120 is a questions for your Internet Service Provider and/or Draytek support.

Start with your provider first to see if what you ask is even possible....and if it is.....whether they will help you with this and support this in the event of problems.

If your Internet Service Provider cannot answer, you might try Draytek support, but keep in mind that your ISP may not support you if you make any changes on the 2710n and have any future issues.

AirPort Extreme and existing router

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.