Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

purchased book not showing on other device

I bought a book using my iPhone, however, it does not appear in the iBooks library on my Mac... Help?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 1:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 11:37 AM

Howdy Peterfromct,

It sounds like you're trying to view a book that you've purchased on your iPhone via the iBooks app on your Mac. The steps outlined below detail how to go about downloading books that you've purchased onto your Mac.

1. Open iBooks.
  2. Click iBooks Store.
  3. If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID and password.
  4. Under Quick Links on the right side of the iBooks Store, click Purchased.
    User uploaded file
  5. Select Not in My Library to view purchased content that isn't on your computer.
    User uploaded file
  6. Scroll to find the book that you want to download.
  7. Click the Download icon User uploaded file in the upper-right corner of the item you want to download. Your book downloads to your library.
    If a book is already in your library, the Download icon won't appear.

Download past purchases from iTunes - Apple Support

All my best

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2015 11:37 AM in response to Peterfromct

Howdy Peterfromct,

It sounds like you're trying to view a book that you've purchased on your iPhone via the iBooks app on your Mac. The steps outlined below detail how to go about downloading books that you've purchased onto your Mac.

1. Open iBooks.
  2. Click iBooks Store.
  3. If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID and password.
  4. Under Quick Links on the right side of the iBooks Store, click Purchased.
    User uploaded file
  5. Select Not in My Library to view purchased content that isn't on your computer.
    User uploaded file
  6. Scroll to find the book that you want to download.
  7. Click the Download icon User uploaded file in the upper-right corner of the item you want to download. Your book downloads to your library.
    If a book is already in your library, the Download icon won't appear.

Download past purchases from iTunes - Apple Support

All my best

Jul 29, 2015 12:17 PM in response to CarlAVII

Hello Allen.

Thanks for your help.

I think I had actually wound my way to your recommended potential solution before. Regardless. I tried it again (following your instructions carefully) just now and was, alas, unsuccessful. I have rechecked myself as far as using the same ID goes and cannot figure out what it is that I am doing wrong or missing the opportunity to do right...

User uploaded file

purchased book not showing on other device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.