Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to fix a charger shortage

I have gon through at least 5 chargers, I can't afford a new one, does any one know any tricks I could do to hold me off?😕

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 11:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 11:53 AM

There is nothing inside a charger the user can repair. Why have you gone through so many chargers - are you dropping them or damaging in some way?

If it is an electrical shorting occurring, you might want to have an electrician check your electrical system to see why it is causing such an overload - the charger can handle 100-240 volts at 50-60 Hz so your system would really have to be bad to cause a shorting issue.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2015 11:53 AM in response to remiii13

There is nothing inside a charger the user can repair. Why have you gone through so many chargers - are you dropping them or damaging in some way?

If it is an electrical shorting occurring, you might want to have an electrician check your electrical system to see why it is causing such an overload - the charger can handle 100-240 volts at 50-60 Hz so your system would really have to be bad to cause a shorting issue.

how to fix a charger shortage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.