Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Netflix says to update my Safari browser. There is no update available…Do I really need to update it?

Netflix keeps telling me that I need to update my Safari browser, however there isn't an update available in the app store. Do I really need to update it? I do not want to install OS X Yosemite.

I'm running Mountain Lion version 10.8.5. Safari is version 6.2.7.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 2:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 2:10 PM

You can either ignore the notice(some of that site’s functionality may be or become unavailable) or switch to a product such as Firefox.

(130861)

4 replies

Jul 27, 2015 2:11 PM in response to ab5991

To upgrade Safari you need to upgrade OS X:

Upgrading to Yosemite

You can upgrade to Yosemite from Lion or directly from Snow Leopard. Yosemite can be downloaded from the Mac App Store for FREE.

Upgrading to Yosemite

To upgrade to Yosemite you must have Snow Leopard 10.6.8 or Lion installed. Download Yosemite from the App Store. Sign in using your Apple ID. Yosemite is free. The file is quite large, over 5 GBs, so allow some time to download. It would be preferable to use Ethernet because it is nearly four times faster than wireless.

OS X Mavericks/Yosemite- System Requirements

Macs that can be upgraded to OS X Yosemite

1. iMac (Mid 2007 or newer) - Model Identifier 7,1 or later

2. MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminum, or Early 2009 or newer) - Model Identifier 5,1 or later

3. MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer) - Model Identifier 3,1 or later

4. MacBook Air (Late 2008 or newer) - Model Identifier 2,1 or later

5. Mac mini (Early 2009 or newer) - Model Identifier 3,1 or later

6. Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer) - Model Identifier 3,1 or later

7. Xserve (Early 2009) - Model Identifier 3,1 or later

To find the model identifier open System Profiler in the Utilities folder. It's displayed in the panel on the right.

Are my applications compatible?

See App Compatibility Table - RoaringApps.

Netflix says to update my Safari browser. There is no update available…Do I really need to update it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.