Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 7 Network Adapter

So I am in a VERY unique position (at least I think I am). Let me give you some background:

So almost a year ago I took an old 2009 MacBook Pro 15" laptop and put an SSD in it. It wasn't working before, but I figured out it only needed a hard drive with software on it to work. So I put that together, and it worked wonderfully! However about a month ago, I spilled soda on it and it stopped working. I tried cleaning the motherboard, but I couldn't find any residue... Then I decided to put my SSD in another MacBook (exact same model A1286), and it actually worked. Everything was exactly the same. It's as if I'd just turned my laptop off for a month. There is one problem though.

On the original MBP I installed Windows 7 Professional 64Bit via BootCamp assistant, and it was still there on the new Mac, and everything worked fine. However yesterday I discovered that the internet doesn't really work on it. I did some troubleshooting and I found out that the network adapter doesn't work.

I've tried installing both the drivers from BootCamp Assistant and some network adapter drivers from the Intel website, and none of them seem to be working. The Intel ones don't even install.

I don't NEED the internet on the Windows side of my computer, but it would make things so much easier, and I am trying to get Windows 10, so if anyone can help me out, that'd be great!

Thank you for reading!

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2009), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 11:54 AM

6 replies

Windows 7 Network Adapter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.