Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Word 2016 Frustrations...

I have just started using Word 2016 for Mac, and, while I like some of the changes, it seems as if some things that were easy are now difficult. If anyone has any ideas as to how to fix my top four (so far) pet peeves, I'd be very appreciative:

1. Footnotes. Easy to create. But to close the footnote window, instead of the Word 2011 "Close" button, you have to go to the View menu and uncheck "Footnotes". Is there a way to close the footnote window without going up to the menu?

2. The File Open window is small. EVERY time I open a file, I need to resize it...and the resizing doesn't "stick". Any idea how to get the File Open window to remain the same size all the time?

3. When I print to a PDF, it used to be that the file name autofilled (so I didn't need to type it) and the folder location was the last location I saved a PDF to. Now, the file name is "Untitled" and I need to manually type it, and the folder location is that where the file I'm printing is located. Any way to set a default folder for this and have the file name autofill?

4. There's no File Close icon on the ribbon. No way to replace "Save" with "Save As". No File Open icon. No print icon. Is there any way to edit the ribbon or the menu that appears above it (with New Template, Save, Undo and Refresh, none of which I actually use) so I can put what *I* want instead of what MS decided I need?

Thanks!

Brett

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 12:13 PM

2 replies

Word 2016 Frustrations...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.