Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Asstive touch problems

MY assistive touch randomly shuts itself off. I'll use it during the day and if I need to use the virtual button, it's gone! I go to settIngs and it's off. I've had it happen where I turn it back on, use it once, then it's gone! I have to turn it back on. It happens randomly. It'll be fine for days, then all of a sudden it's off! Why does that keep happening? If I switch in on, I want it there until I shut it off. Any ideas?

iPad Air, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 12:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 10:09 AM

You may want to try restarting the device. Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to do this with assistive touch. You need to hold down the sleep/wake and the home button until the Apple logo appears. You could also go to settings >general > reset>Reset all settings.If you are unable to do that, make a backup and then restore to factory settings.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2015 10:09 AM in response to CaptinCaveman12

You may want to try restarting the device. Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to do this with assistive touch. You need to hold down the sleep/wake and the home button until the Apple logo appears. You could also go to settings >general > reset>Reset all settings.If you are unable to do that, make a backup and then restore to factory settings.

Asstive touch problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.