Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Second iPod Touch 4th generation won't auto-sync music

Mac OS 10.6.8 - iTunes 11.4.

I have a 4th generation iPod, which has 6.1.3 OS on it. It is set to auto-sync checked songs, which it does.

I bought a "back up" iPod, which has 6.1.6 OS on it. It is also set to auto-sync checked songs, which it won't.

When I plug in the 6.1.6 iPod - the iTunes progress bar runs through the 6 steps real quickly, then goes idle - no music is moved to the iPod.

Watching the progress bar very closely, it looks like it actually skips step number 4.

Thanks for any help.

iPod touch

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 2:04 PM

8 replies

Jul 27, 2015 3:07 PM in response to benos1

When the restore finished, in ITunes I selected to set up the iPod as a new iPod (not restore from a backup). Same situation... With the iPod set to automatically sync checked songs - none of the music syncs.

I am doing another restore, but this time when it's done I'll select to setup the new iPod from the most recent backup.

Jul 27, 2015 4:45 PM in response to benos1

It is looking like I might have fixed it. Exact steps:

In the iPod, Settings, clicked iTunes WiFi Sync. That took me to a screen that told me to Sync with this iPod over WiFil... So I checked that box.

Then unchecked the Manually Manage Music and Videos box - clicked the box Sync Only Checked Songs and Videos. And immediately all my Playlists appeard in the iPod.

The Progress bar in iTunes is now on Step 4 - Waiting for items to copy.

I will post if the 50 GB of music all copies to the iPod. It is looking like it is happening... If I click on the Music folder in the iPod, all the songs are rolling in there.

Second iPod Touch 4th generation won't auto-sync music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.