Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my phone still says restoring from icloud backup since yesterday

I got a repaired iPhone 6, 64 GB, yesterday. I hooked it up to a new phone plan with AT&T (had Sprint with old phone) and my phone still says restoring from icloud backup on the home screen, since yesterday afternoon.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 12:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 10:55 AM

Hello noranelly,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

I see from your post that your iPhone has been restoring from an iCloud backup for a day. This is normal as it can take time for all of the data, especially photos to be restored to your iPhone. To ensure your backup is restored quickly, make sure you stay connected to a fast Wi-Fi connection.

Restoring my device from an iCloud backup is taking a long time

Restoring from a backup might take a while because of the size of the backup or the speed of the Wi-Fi network. For example, iCloud can take approximately 1 to 4 hours per gigabyte during a restore process.

There are several steps you can take:

• In iOS 8 or later, check the progress of the transfer on your device under Settings > iCloud > Backup. In iOS 7, go to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup. If the restore process is underway, the iCloud Backup setting is dimmed.
  • Make sure that your device is connected to the Internet with reliable Wi-Fi.
  • Make sure that your device is plugged in to a power outlet.
  • Check the Apple progress bar that appears while transferring a backup.

If you need help restoring from an iCloud backup - Apple Support

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2015 10:55 AM in response to noranelly

Hello noranelly,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

I see from your post that your iPhone has been restoring from an iCloud backup for a day. This is normal as it can take time for all of the data, especially photos to be restored to your iPhone. To ensure your backup is restored quickly, make sure you stay connected to a fast Wi-Fi connection.

Restoring my device from an iCloud backup is taking a long time

Restoring from a backup might take a while because of the size of the backup or the speed of the Wi-Fi network. For example, iCloud can take approximately 1 to 4 hours per gigabyte during a restore process.

There are several steps you can take:

• In iOS 8 or later, check the progress of the transfer on your device under Settings > iCloud > Backup. In iOS 7, go to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup. If the restore process is underway, the iCloud Backup setting is dimmed.
  • Make sure that your device is connected to the Internet with reliable Wi-Fi.
  • Make sure that your device is plugged in to a power outlet.
  • Check the Apple progress bar that appears while transferring a backup.

If you need help restoring from an iCloud backup - Apple Support

Take care.

my phone still says restoring from icloud backup since yesterday

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.