Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anybody know what this is?

User uploaded file My 13" MacBook Pro 2.5 ghz keeps doing this when I sometimes move the screen up or down and sometimes it does it randomly and then starts beeping and I hold the power button down and it restarts and is normal until it goes like that again, this is my third Mac because of this the other two were under 3 month return policy if anyone knows what this is please help! Thanks.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012)

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 2:07 PM

Hey there,

From what it seems theres might be a problem with your screen. Thus it is a hardware issue and not software. I would advise you to visit an Apple Store and see what the guys can do for you there. Have you recently dropped your MBP, or applied heavy pressure on it? Let me know if this helped you.

Yours sincerely,

Vaios

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2015 2:07 PM in response to akeen123

Hey there,

From what it seems theres might be a problem with your screen. Thus it is a hardware issue and not software. I would advise you to visit an Apple Store and see what the guys can do for you there. Have you recently dropped your MBP, or applied heavy pressure on it? Let me know if this helped you.

Yours sincerely,

Vaios

Jul 27, 2015 6:57 PM in response to akeen123

vaio_v

Thanks both of you for answering my question I have not dropped it recently I use it for school and have not use it this summer until now but i wonder if it being un used for about a month and a half had something to do with it and i will take it to the apple store, but the last time this happened on my other mac they did not know what the issue was and so they game me a new one because it had not been 3 months since they purchased it i wonder if they will do the same if they cannot find a solution.

Bear hunter

I purchased the laptop brand new and have not replace any parts unless apple uses after market batteries but you never know. Again thanks both you for answering.

Jul 27, 2015 10:14 PM in response to akeen123

Hi akeen,

If Bear Hunter's suggestion does not work, you can always try to run Apple Diagnostics before bringing it to the Genius Bar to see if it's a hardware issue or not. If your MacBook is an Intel-based MacBook, you can press and hold the D key on the keyboard after pressing the power button to turn it on. This will start the diagnostics program and give you the results. When you press the power button to start it, make sure that you press and hold the D key BEFORE you see the Apple logo, otherwise it won't work. I've included a link below to the support page that shows several key combinations which can be helpful from time to time.

Hope it all works out for you!

-D

Startup key combinations for Mac - Apple Support

Does anybody know what this is?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.