Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone can't stay connected when I move away from router

I have an iphone 5c,when I first got it it was running IOS 8.4 and I had this issue. Whenever I go even 2 yards away from my router the internet starts to drop my phone can't seem to detect any other WiFi either. I got the IOS 9 beta hoping it would fix the issue but it didn't. I don't understand because my computer and moms phone can connect anywhere in the house yet I can get a connection from the next room

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 3:10 PM

2 replies

Jul 27, 2015 4:33 PM in response to ap44pex

Try turning WiFI on and off.

Try turning cellular data on and off.

Try resetting your network settings under Settings, General, Reset, Reset Network Settings. (You will need to know the password).

What router brand and model are you using?

I ask because Apple's products (iPhones and Macs) work best with Apple brand routers.

I have had bad luck using the WIFI capability of other brands of routers.

Your mileage may vary.

Jul 27, 2015 5:27 PM in response to ap44pex

The 5C may be connecting on the 5 GHz band, which has shorter range that 2.6 GB. Or there could be interference from other nearby networks. Or the phone may erroneously been issued an IP address by the router that is already assigned to a different device. The first step is to reboot the router, by unplugging its power cord for 15-30 seconds.

Iphone can't stay connected when I move away from router

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.