Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

missing photos

PLEASE HELP. I enabled iCloud photos - by mistake - but now can't see pictures taken with my iPhone on my iPad. I don't know where they are and am unsure what to do. I don't use iCloud and am frankly afraid of it because of my lack of knowledge and use a hard drive on my pc to back up my photos. I had just updated the software and was about to look at some photos when I clicked 'use iCloud' before realising it.

iPad, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 12:32 PM

1 reply

Jul 29, 2015 10:48 AM in response to Willowkb

Hello Willowkb,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

From your post I understand that you are not seeing your photos taken on your iPhone on your iPad, and you'd like to know more about iCloud Photo Library. Even if you use iCloud Photo Library, your photos are still streamed to your other devices that don't have iCloud Photo Library enabled. To troubleshoot the issue where you're not seeing the photos on one of your devices, please follow the steps below.

I don't see photos from My Photo Stream on my iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple TV

If you’ve turned on iCloud Photo Library, every photo and video you take will live in iCloud, including ones from your My Photo Stream. If some of your devices don't have iCloud Photo Library enabled, My Photo Stream will upload your recent photos to share with those devices.

If you can't find your My Photo Stream images in the Photos app, follow these steps:

1. From the Home screen, tap Settings > Wi-Fi. Make sure that Wi-Fi is on, and that you have an Internet connection.
  2. Go back to Settings and tap iCloud > Photos.
  3. Make sure that My Photo Stream is on. If it’s already on, turn it off and tap Delete. Then, turn on My Photo Stream again.
  4. On the device that took the photo you're looking for, close the Camera app. Nothing uploads to My Photo Stream until you do.
  5. See if your iOS device is below 20% battery power. If it is, My Photo Stream will be disabled temporarily to preserve battery life.

Get help using My Photo Stream - Apple Support

If you'd like to learn more about iCloud Photo Library, then please take a look at the links below.

iCloud Photo Library FAQ - Apple Support

iCloud: Use iCloud Photo Library on your iOS device

iCloud: iCloud Photo Library overview

Take care.

missing photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.