Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

music not in playlist shows up on ipod

I have check the playlist very thoroughly and cannot find this music anywhere in it. I can only find it when I search the ipod for the genre (it's holiday music). I do not want it on my ipod and have no idea why it keeps showing up. I can delete it from the ipod, but when I go to sync with my computer, it shows up again. I have even put the songs from the original playlist I made and created another playlist, but it still shows up on the ipod. Any suggestions on how to permanently remedy this?
I go to check for software upgrades and it tells there me it is up to date. Using 6.1.6.

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 1:58 PM

1 reply

Jul 29, 2015 11:59 AM in response to batgirl6981

Hi batgirl6981,

I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with your iPod touch. If you are trying to remove a song that is being synced to your iPod from iTunes, you may find the steps outlined in the following article helpful:

Remove items from your device

Make sure your device is connected, then do one of the following:

Remove an item that was synced automatically: Do any of the following, then sync your device:

• Deselect the checkbox for the item in your iTunes library, and select “Sync only checked [items]” in the Summary pane.

• If the item was added because it’s part of a synced playlist, remove the item from the playlist.

• Change your sync settings to keep the item from being synced.

Remove an item that was added manually or using Autofill: Click On My Device, select an item (or items), press the Delete key, and click Delete.

iTunes 12 for Mac: Sync iPod, iPhone, or iPad

Regards

music not in playlist shows up on ipod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.