Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cell format options missing in inspector pane

Hi all, recently switched (or am trying to switch) to numbers.
For some reason the cell format options are missing from my inspector when I highlight cells.

I think it should be above "Fill" in the attached screenshot.
This leaves me unable to change the data format, e.g. from percents to numbers, which is paralysing.

Have attached a screenshot here.

Wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue, if I'm missing something, or if there is a problem with my installation.

The funny thing is the option was there earlier in the day, and then numbers quit unexpectedly and it's now missing.

User uploaded file

MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), Numbers 3.5.3 (2150)

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 2:23 PM

3 replies

Jul 27, 2015 4:25 PM in response to Wayne Contello

Thanks for the response. I tried that: scrolling up does not reveal the preference pane.

Since I got impatient I just deleted the app and reinstalled it and it seems to have fixed itself.

I suspect some issue with the installation, as there was also another glitch that appears to have been fixed with a reinstall: when formatting the axis of a chart, the "Value (X)" and "Value (Y)" labels at the top of the axis formatting pane were missing, and have now reappeared.

cell format options missing in inspector pane

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.