Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

impossible to download i Tunes latest version with Vista ?

Hello !

I have tried several times to install the latest iTunes update on my computer but for the first time since I have had this computer I get an error message which says I should have Windows 7 64 bits...! I have Vista ....😕

If someone could please tell me if this means I will never be able to install any updates from now ?

What should I do ?

Thank you for you help.

HP Pavilion PC-OTHER, Windows Vista

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 3:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 3:22 PM

iTunes 12.2 requires Windows 7 or later. Although Apple have not made any specific statements about for support for Vista its is likely that users of Windows Vista (and XP SP3) will not be able to use any version of iTunes later than 12.1.2.

7 replies

Jul 27, 2015 3:37 PM in response to greg35510

You should be able to check online to see whether your computer is compatible with Windows 10. Note, though, that unlike users of Windows 7/8/8.1, Windows 10 is not a free upgrade for Vista users (I don't think that the upgrade price has been confirmed but Microsoft are quoting $119 as the estimate price for a Win10 Home full license).

Almost any PC running Vista should be capable of running Windows 7; although this is no longer sold by Microsoft there are many resellers (on Amazon, etc.) still offering retail or OEM versions. However, any PC running Vista is probably 6-8 years old and therefore long out of warranty and increasingly vulnerable to hardware failures. Also, Microsoft will be dropping all support for Vista (as they've already done for XP) in less than two years' time.

Jul 27, 2015 3:48 PM in response to hhgttg27

Very well...

Thank you very much for this very useful information.

A last question though: have you got any idea how long my "old" version of iTunes will be able compatible with my iPhone ? Because in fact that is the only reason why I need iTunes - for the updates. The answer (if you can answer, I mean...) will determine whether I must get Windows 10 as soon as possible (if I can install it on my computer).

Thanks again.

impossible to download i Tunes latest version with Vista ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.