Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does iPhoto work with iCloud?

Photos on my iMac in iPhoto do not show up on our iPhones or iPads.

Every thing seemed to work fine before we updated to OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.4.

Is the problem incompatibility between iPhoto and iCloud?

We really do not like the new "Photos" and want to stay with iPhone.

Where is the best place to get help getting iCloud to work?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 2:33 PM

1 reply

Jul 27, 2015 2:42 PM in response to debby0514

iCloud Photo Library is a Cloud-based storage facility for your photos which can be accessed directly by your devices running iOS 8 and a Mac running Yosemite.

However, you also must be running the Photos Application in order to use the iCloud Library.

If you like the way that iPhoto worked for you, you can turn off iCloud Photo Library on all of your devices and Mac, and re-open iPhoto by following these instructions:

Get iPhoto 9.6.1 if you didn't update before OS... | Apple Support Communities

I'm still using iPhoto and Aperture, but I am also playing around a lot with Photos. I automatically import my Photo Stream to iPhoto, but I also will manually import photos into Photo just so I have them there as well if I want.

I have not used (and do think I will use) iCloud Photo Library. I like keeping my photos on my Mac and on my backups like Time Machine. I just don't want my stuff being so easily out there in cyberspace for someone to grab if they wish....

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

GB

BTW - turning off iCloud Photo Library does not stop your iOS backps to iCloud from continuing to back up your photos for safekeeping in the case where you might need to restore your iOS device. Any photos on that backup will be fully restored as they are today.

Does iPhoto work with iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.