Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple headset sound in ipad air 2

Hi,

I have got my new ipad air 2 Wifi 64 GB yesterday but I see very less sound if I put my apple headsets on. Same apple headsets works fine with previous ipad 4 and on other systems. Any idea on this ? Is this issue with apple software or ipad air 2 hardware ?

I am having iOS 8.4.

With thanks,

Supratim

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 2:23 PM

1 reply

Jul 29, 2015 12:56 PM in response to Supratim007

Greetings Supratim007,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that the sound coming from your Apple headphones is not as loud as you would expect when connected to your new iPad Air 2. To begin troubleshooting this situation, I would recommend reading over and working through the suggested steps outlined in the attached article below.

If your headset isn't working - Apple Support

You can fix most headset issues with a few steps. Try these first:

1. Make sure that the headset has a built-in microphone.
  2. Unplug the headset and clear any debris from the headset jack. Then plug it back in.
  3. Make sure the headset is plugged in all the way. If you’re using a case, remove it to make sure it’s not getting in the way.
  4. Check the headset cable, connector, remote, and earbuds for damage. Make sure they’re not blocked or dirty.
  5. Try using another headset. If the issue happens with the other headset, contact Apple Support for help. If the other headset works, contact the headset manufacturer.
  6. Try using a different iOS device with your headset. If the issue happens with the other iOS device, contact the headset manufacturer. For Apple headsets, contact Apple support.

Cheers

apple headset sound in ipad air 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.