Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 6 plus only records 720p How can I change this?

All of my video is only recording in 720p - How can I change this? I record something, plug my iphone into my imac, iphoto launches and then i import my video and then drag it to my desktop. Then i go into the "get info" setting of the video it they all only show 1280 X 720. Thanks in advance.

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 2:20 PM

3 replies

Jul 29, 2015 12:57 PM in response to bms-lou

Hello there, bms-lou.

It sounds like you are trying to record video at 60 fps with your new iPhone 6 Plus. The following information from the online iPhone User Guide provides the answer on how to do just that:

Take photos and videos - iPhone

Shoot some video. Choose Video, then tap the Record Video button or press either volume button to start and stop recording. Video records at 30 fps (frames per second). With iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus, you can switch it to 60 fps in Settings > Photos & Camera.

Snap a still while recording: (iPhone 5 or later) Tap the white Take Picture button in the lower-left corner.

Take it slow: (iPhone 5s or later) Choose Slo-Mo to shoot slow motion video. You can set which section to play back in slow motion when you edit the video. On iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, you can tap the bottom-right corner of the screen to switch between 120 fps and 240 fps.

Thanks for being a part of Apple Support Communities.

Kind Regards.

Aug 1, 2015 8:01 AM in response to pedro d

Thanks for responding. Actually that isn't the issue. I know how to switch to record in 60fps.

I have a video I recorded with my iPhone 6 plus. The photo below to the right marked "'info" is what windows comes up when i select 'get info' from the video while it is in iphoto. The left part of the photo below shows what I get when i select 'get info' from the icon of the video on my desk top. Seems like they are sowing 2 different resolution for the same video - one in 1280X720, and one in 1920X1080. Even shows different sizes...but this is info from the same video without any changes.

Kinda feels like the video is 1920X1080 when its in iphoto, but once i drag it form iphoto to desktop, it downizes it to 1280X720.

Thoughts?

User uploaded file

Aug 1, 2015 9:06 AM in response to bms-lou

Hello again, bms-lou.

Thanks for the additional information to clarify your issue. To export video from iPhoto and retain the proper resolution, the following article provides the proper instruction:

iPhoto: Export photos, videos, and slideshows

In your case, you will want to choose 1080p as movie quality:

Export videos

You can export videos so that you can share them or work with them in other apps. When you export a video, you can choose the movie quality and whether metadata such as a title or description is included with the exported file.

1. Select videos you want to export.

2. Choose File > Export > Export [number] Videos.

3. Click the Movie Quality pop-up menu and choose the video format for the exported video.

User uploaded file

4. Click the File Name pop-up menu and choose how to name the exported files (this step is optional).

You can name your exported files using the titles you’ve given them in Photos, their filenames, or or a filename numbered sequentially. If you choose Sequential, you can specify text to appear before each number (for example, Birthday01, Birthday02, and so on).

5. Click the Subfolder Format pop-up menu and choose how to divide the exported files into folders.

For example, if you export videos from several different moments, you can have Photos export each moment as a subfolder named after the moment. Choose None to export the videos as individual files without subfolders.

6. Click Export.

7. Choose where to save the exported video files, then click Export.

Cheers.

My iPhone 6 plus only records 720p How can I change this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.