Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 has gone crazy! Stuck on apple logo screen which occasionally flashes red and blue

My iPhone 6 yesterday just turned off at around 35%, didn't think much of it as this has happened a few times and after waiting 10 minutes it usually turns back on. But when I tried to turn it back on yesterday it didn't work for about an hour then when I put it on charge it turned back on and I thought all was good until it started turning on and off like I was pressing the power button really quick! So I held the power and home button down to restart it and then things got weirder, the screen would flash red then blue and then continue to just show the apple logo??! At this point I was so frustrated with it I was ready to throw it at a brick wall, but a friend suggested putting it in DFU mode and trying to hard reset it, so I did exactly that and then iTunes tells me that the iphone could not be restored. I tried a couple of times but the same message continued to pop up.

Now any one else would take it to the apple store and have a genius look at it but i should let you know my iphone is smashed beyond belief (but was working fine before this happened), the home button is being held in with cellotape and the everything above the screen is exposed.. so if I do take the trip down there I already know they're going to charge me a **** of a lot for it to be repaired. Any one know if this is due to it being so horribly smashed up or if its a software fault?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3, Cracked Screen, Components exposed

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 2:05 PM

3 replies

Jul 27, 2015 2:14 PM in response to sambullock96

Hey there,

It seems while trying to reset it, you did something on it while pressing the buttons and something has happened relating to software. If you tried resetting while on DFU mode and that didn't work as well, it seems like your only option would be to visit an Apple Store and arrange an appointment at a Genius bar with a technical assistant (https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/) and see what they can do to help you. Hope this helps!

Best,

Vaios

Jul 27, 2015 5:13 PM in response to sambullock96

sambullock96 wrote:

Any one know if this is due to it being so horribly smashed up or if its a software fault?

Of course it's due to the phone being horribly smashed. Take it to the Apple Store. You may be eligible for an out-of-warranty replacement which is considerably cheaper than a new phone. While you're there, buy a protective case and screen protector.

iPhone 6 has gone crazy! Stuck on apple logo screen which occasionally flashes red and blue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.